TheFangirl

The Fangirl

Long time geek, fangirl, mother, and reader. I've got a lot to say, you might not like it all, but it will be honest and hopefully helpful.

Lena Dunham Describes Sexually Abusing Her Younger Sister

Not That Kind of Girl: A young woman tells you what she's "learned" - Lena Dunham

Trigger Warnings: Sexual abuse, child abuse, and toxic levels of privilege.

In her best selling novel, Lena Duham documents how she "using her little sister at times essentially as a sexual outlet, bribing her to kiss her for prolonged periods and even masturbating while she is in the bed beside her." There are disturbingly detailed excerpts in this article taken from Dunham's book.

It takes an astounding amount of privilege and arrogance to document the sexual abuse and exploitation of another woman, her own sister no less, to feed her fame and career. The fact that Dunham obviously doesn't fear prosecution or even see her actions has anything more than humorous says a lot about how wealthy and privilege distorts even young women, supposed feminist, view of their own treatment of other women.

I already didn't like Dunham, but now I have even more motivation to not like or support her work.

I am not interested in supporting the work of sexual predators.