TheFangirl

The Fangirl

Long time geek, fangirl, mother, and reader. I've got a lot to say, you might not like it all, but it will be honest and hopefully helpful.

On the Prowl

On the Prowl - Sunny, Eileen Wilks, Karen Chance, Patricia Briggs I primarily bought this book for Patricia Briggs' story Alpha and Omega and I was not disappointed. This short story is the start of the Alpha & Omega series and it was well worth the price of the whole book. These characters and their relationship is compelling. While Anna has all the appearances of a weak female character she is anything but. She is strong and likable without the author having to tell you what a badass she is. You just get to see her badassery emerge on it's own. Likewise Charles is a fascinating, layered character who could have easily been reduced to the token male character whose soul purpose is to fullfil a fetish for ethnic men. Both these characters and this story come are surprisingly, refreshingly original and delightful to read. I highly recommend this short story and accompanying series to any fans of paranormal romance.