TheFangirl

The Fangirl

Long time geek, fangirl, mother, and reader. I've got a lot to say, you might not like it all, but it will be honest and hopefully helpful.

Reading progress update: I've read 12%.

Fic: Why Fanfiction is Taking Over the World - Lev Grossman, Tiffany Reisz, Rachel Caine, Jen Zern, Heidi Tandy, Rukmini Pande, Samira Nadkarni, Wendy C. Fries, Jolie Fontenot, Randi Flanagan, Tish Beaty, Cyndy Aleo, Christina Lauren, V. Arrow, Brad Bell, Andrew Shaffer, Darren Wershler, Anne Jamison, Jules Wilkinson, R

FYI, Genderswapping has existed as a storytelling device long before it's use in a modern fan fiction, and Jamison presents no actual evidence to back up her claim that it "started in the Sherlock fandom."

This makes no sense. Why be so lazy as to draw these baseless connections instead of actually explaining how fan fiction works and it's REAL origins? Real research took too long?

For the rest of my reading of this book, the part of Anne Jamison will be played by the SNL character 'the girl you wish you hadn't started a conversation with at a party.'